K-1 Visa

A K-1 visa entitles an U.S. citizen to bring a fiancé or fiancée, either opposite-sex or same-sex, into the U.S. with the purpose of marrying that individual within 90 days. Once married and in the country, that person can then apply for a green card (lawful permanent residence) to complete the immigration process. This can often be the fastest and most efficient way to bring someone into the country, and while there are some eligibility requirements you should discuss with our attorney, we can work to help you unite with a loved one.

For legal permanent residents (LPR’s) trying to bring their spouses over, the process is different. LPR’s are not eligible to get fiancée visas. Instead, they need to get married overseas and then petition immigration by filing what is known as an I-130 Form.